Here’s something that I’ve had on my mind for a while. I know we don’t have a lot of readers yet on TransCanuck – this is a long term project – but I’d like your feedback on a series that I want to do:
Covering the basics of being Trans/Queer.
- What is Trans?
- Am I trans?
- OK I’m Trans, now what?
- What is Queer?
- What does Cis or Cisgender mean?
- What’s the difference between Sex and Gender?
- I think I’ve a trans child, now what?
- What’s ‘reading’ and what’s ‘stealth’, why does it matter?
- Have transgender people always existed?
- If I’m cis and want to date someone trans, does that make me gay?
- What struggles to trans people face?
- My friends trans, what should I do?
- What’s that star after the word Trans mean? (added)
- Will being trans ruin my life? (added)
- If I’m trans, am I normal? (added)
- How do i come out as trans? (added)
Also others, as many as needed, and that is where you come in. I would like your suggestions of what should be in the Basics series. Just post comments below or in the forums and I’ll update this post with questions that you’d like answered. I’ll be starting writing these soon but it will be going on for a while so please get your suggestions in. Here’s the blurb that links you to the Index:
The Basics is a series of articles that form a short guide to transgender terms, trans history, and what it means to be trans. It’s not meant to be exhaustive but rather an easy place to get started. You can find all the Basics articles over here.